Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The 35th Anniversary of John Lennon's Death

It was 35 years ago tonight that John Lennon was shot and murdered outside the Dakota in New York City. I remember the following day all too well and I have written about it on this blog. Let us just say that learning that John Lennon was dead is one of those events that is forever etched in my memory.

Indeed, the subject on which I have written the most in this blog may well be The Beatles and of The Beatles it is John Lennon about whom I have written the most. John had a huge impact on my life, to the point that I feel as if I owe him a debt I cannot possibly repay. Quite simply, many of my positive traits stem from being a John Lennon fan.

Having written so much about John Lennon over the years, I feel as if I have very little to add. I will then leave you with a link to a post I made on the occasion of what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday, in which I discuss how he influenced me: In Honour of John Lennon's 70th Birthday.

I will also leave you with the final single released while John Lennon was still alive, "(Just Like) Starting Over".




John Lennon 1940-1980

No comments: