Monday, August 4, 2014

Thank You for a Successful Blogathon!



I just wanted to thank everyone who participated for making the British Invaders Blogathon a success. I enjoyed reading all of the entries and even learned quite a few things. While many of the posts covered some of my very favourite films, there were others that covered movies that I have never seen. I was also pleased with how much British film history the posts actually covered. The earliest film dealt with in one of the blogathon's posts was made in 1929. The latest film dealt with in a post was made in 1983. The posts also covered a number of different genres, everything from war films to horror films to musicals to kitchen sink dramas.

Given the success of the British Invaders Blogathon I am seriously thinking of making it an annual event. You might want to mark  your calendars for the first weekend of next August then! Again, thanks to everyone who took part!

2 comments:

John Hitchcock said...

You're welcome. I can see what you mean wanting to start this again. I've been considering starting the Women In Film Blogathon again next summer given how successful it was.

If you did do the British Invaders Blogathon again I'd certainly be willing to participate. I'll have to do some digging to find a good choice but maybe I could get in early before a lot of stuff gets claimed.

Jeff Duncanson said...

If you do this blogathin again, I am soooo going to do it again.

I had about 6 films that I could have written about, so that would give me a chance to get through my list.